Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Marty-A Little before the End of the Day

It appears that I'm not very good at keeping up with this blog at the end of the day. Generally I'm just too tired. So now, I will work on this late in the day, say, about 7 PM. And from now on, that will Honesty and today.

It seems I really do not like the heat. I have felt, for at least the last 20 years, that ideal places to live our in the San Francisco Bay Area and Hawaii.So what am I doing in Phoenix, where it was 107° today and it will be 107° again tomorrow? Well, we came here in late 2006, so that I could work for Safeway. However, I was laid off in 2008 and have been unable to work since then. However, it's really not all bad. My wife is still happy here, and that counts a lot. And between one thing and another, we are able to Lee live reasonably well. (Although certainly not in the style we could when I had a six-figure income.)

So, I am even more conscious of electric use than I was when I was just doing it to be green. So our electric bills show even lower use in kilowatts then we experienced in our earliest days here. (Even then APS, our electric utility, showed our normal use all the way at the lowest end of their range of use scale.) I am not sure we are really any more green. Tracy's car still gets about 40 miles per gallon. However, I now drive an older van (as our road car) rather than the hybrid sedan we had a few years back.

On the other hand, I drive about half as many miles as I did as this. Tracy. So, on balance, I don't think where any less screen either.

Overall it's still a good life, though a little different than it was a few years back.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment